Skip to main content

recession blues

Something strange has happened. My self esteem has taken a beating. Is it recession? Or is it something else I don’t know. Maybe like they always say the elements are conspiring against you. Let me list down the facts that led me here.
After making me wait like a dog outside the butcher’s shop for 39 days the asshole had the guts to tell me he is not selling the bike. If he didn’t want to sell it why make me wait? Took that news in good spirits and checked for more bikes. Found only one. But then to think that I have to reenact the whole damn process of going across to see the bike, riding it and then negotiating draws me back.
Today for the first time when I got a call from upstairs, I panicked. After ages I suddenly felt that my job was at stake. Are they calling me to hand me the slip? Like what they did to PD one fine evening. I still remember his face when he came out of that room. He turned out to be lucky. He got another job. What has the recession ravaged markets got for me, I don’t know. Well I still have my job. Almost all the clients have cut their spending. We have lost quite a few as well. The new pitches haven’t borne any fruit yet.
Is that a pink slip? Naah, it's a post-it you damn fool.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rodentia

Last night they discovered a human in the sewers, screamed the headline on Daily Vermin Times. Ed Rat paused to scan the headline and sipped his morning tea. He was in charge of the highly successful Human Extermination Programme. He came from the highly acclaimed family of rats that had unleashed Plague on the frail human race centuries ago. At that time rats used to be in the sewers and the humans used to be outside. Maybe they too had a Vermin Extermination Program. How ironic, thought Ed. We were destined to rule the world. We withstood their poison and laboratory tests. In fact, the tests made us stronger and resistant to the diseases. Now look at them hiding in sewers away from us, fearing us. The telephone rang. Ed woke with a start from his reverie. There must be something wrong, he thought. My room has shrunk, there are metal bars everywhere. It looks like a cell. I can see my cousins in another cell. They are all playing with something. What's this lump on my hand? What&#

Hallucinations

It is an ear worm for sure, the doctor sounded confident. Ear worms, this guy is out of his mind. Aren't they harmless musical notes that get stuck on your mind? Well, my case was different. What got stuck was a piece of a ringtone. Something that sounded like the lovechild of a heavy metal riff and a banshee. It kept ringing and ringing till I became a sleep deprived zombie. Everything started because of that rotten room mate of yours. The junkie who had that ringtone from some progressive goth metal band. I was sleeping peacefully and then the blasted phone started ringing. It was so loud that it even impregnated my brain. Now, all I need is it to stop ringing. How do I do that? It might stop when the battery runs out. Excuse me doctor, could you please check how long my battery will last? As soon as the morphine kicks in, your battery will die. Then you can sleep peacefully. The doctor's voice echoed from somewhere up there. He looked up and saw a galaxy of halogen stars fad